Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Procrastination.

Not really feeling this case study right now (pregnant adolescent... it still weirds me out, honestly, our girl is 14, has had chlamydia and has MULTIPLE partners. :/ ) and luckily Molly sent me the best new website ever. It's called fupenguin.com and I am already in love. As one who likes cute animals but is done reading about the water skiing squirrel in the news, or whatever talent they happen to have now, I was totally taken with the silly commentary following the pictures. Perfect laugh after getting deep into this serious case study.

My mom and baby today were so cute!! They were both really mellow and had no problem with me doing assessments on them. I think if I were to work in OB, it would have to be with mother baby. I felt kind of useful today and like I knew what I was talking about. Plus, my mom was chatty and just really nice all round, so I wasn't uncomfortable at all. I think with each rotation I'll have to learn to ignore my instructor all over again during my skills demonstration. I was so used to my previous instructor watching me that I wasn't afraid to ask her questions during my assessments or anything. Granted, these are shorter rotations so it's harder to get used to an instructor in 10 times, but I think I am almost there. Too bad my last day on mother-baby is tomorrow. Oh well. Clinical is definitely what you make of it, though. My nurse today was super stressed out about some botched orders, so instead of doing my case study in the back room, I wandered with her and found out how you get that kind of issue resolved. I had checked in with my mom before I went on the excursion, and since her husband and other son were coming to visit, I wasn't going to be bugging her anyway. It was interesting. My nurse was definitely more than willing to help, which was fabulous, but it was nice to know that by running her new admission some ice and juice, I was making her day a little easier. :)

I did my run today, got a GIANT blister on my pinky toe (God only knows how since I WRAPPED IT after I saw the little preview blister after clinical) and am looking forward to not doing a run tomorrow. 5 miles on Friday. It's like D-Day... but obviously without a beach landing. Speaking of, who would've thought I'd miss beach days in September? (Kidding. We knew it was coming. It's like I'm not even a Northeasterner anymore. It's pathetic.)

1 comment:

  1. 5 miles!!! Jesus Christ buy yourself a Segue and stop this running nonsense.

    ReplyDelete