Monday, September 14, 2009

I did it!

I registered for a 5K in Rochester (ok, technically Greece) on October 17th! My goal is to crack 30 minutes, which I've gotten close to doing in my 3 miler's recently, but I'm hoping to be running a consistent 30-ish minute 5K by race time. I have about a month, which is including long runs, so I know I'll be ready. I'm really excited! I think it's good to have this little race as a goal for me since it's not too far, far enough away that I'll be really confident at race time, and a fun thing to me to do to celebrate my new found ... "joy"?... of running. Besides, I've had this goal since last year of doing a half marathon, and while I'm NOWHERE close to being at that level, this is like my little stepping stone to it. Plus, I have no excuses since I'm supposed to do 5 miles that day. Three miles is getting easier for me every time I do it, even if I have blisters/angry intestines/crazy iTouch issues. Anyway, at the very least it will be a memory of this year and of my first fall on the East Coast in 4 years. Good enough for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment