Sunday, September 27, 2009

I've been a bad blogger...

This week was more than challenging, academically and otherwise. I thought I had learned that pesky value of patience, but now I'm not so sure. I became/still am a little frustrated with classes and with other people that I must interact with while in Rochester. Most of the time, I'm able to get past this stuff through Hulu, Grey's Anatomy and some BFF chat time with Cas. Those didn't do the trick this week and I have no explanation as to why. Needless to say, I have spent as much time as possible sleeping. I do enjoy, though, a rousing round of karaoke. Thankfully, there's a pocket of people that can cuddle with me and pull me out of any sort of funk that I've had here so far. Also, I think actually getting out of sweats helped moved things along, but I will give them credit where credit is due.

I tried a new trail this week and I like it a lot since it's flat and not asphalt. At the beginning of this running excursion, I wouldn't have expected to incorporate exploring into my runs (I'm a little paranoid), but I'm very happy I did. I'll probably try to tackle the trail to campus again sometime this week since last time it left me with something to be desired. It's those hills that are killer for that one and they're not even that big! I think it's more of the spacing of them on the trail, or the fact that I was so focused on having to go 4 miles that nothing could be enjoyable. We shall see!

Leaves are finally starting to change colors and it's been the best kind of dreary autumn weather for the last couple of days. It's much more enjoyable now to wear a sweater for a purpose instead as a substitute coat. I'm looking forward to all of the snow in the winter and hopefully the quiet time that will follow it. I'm a fan of summer, don't get me wrong, but I like peaceful things... and this past summer was far from peaceful. I'm excited to drive home Thursday and see some of the leaves at home too. It will be fantastic to get out of here for at least a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment