Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Back to school, back to school

We are officially starting our second third of the program. I had my first women's health lecture today and I think I'll really like that class a lot. Women's health is much more family focused now, especially for labor and delivery, and it will be interesting to see if what we have had to read matches up with how it's put into practice. Clinicals start tomorrow, so hopefully I'll be good at communicating with women in labor and not just patients with every other ailment under the sun - it could be a long 5 weeks if I can't! I was very happy to see all of my friends again after almost 3 weeks of escaping to other parts of New England. It's weird that we're split into two groups now and not always together, but I guess it had to happen at some point.

I have started to legitimately run. For me, it's a big undertaking, but I have a pretty nifty support person who also does not consider herself "a runner" so I feel like I can do it too. I got the Nike+ sensor since our iTouches are already loaded with Nike+ anyway. I need to calibrate it, but the fact that I'm going as far as I plan to when I start the run, and sometimes over my goal, is good enough for me. I started a training plan through the website, so the schedule also helps me do it. It might get harder when I have a long day of clinical, but I have started to find running relaxing... which is scary. I'm sure it's a good thing in the long run (HA! Pun!), but it's a strange concept to think about.

I am sure I'll have more stories by the end of the week. Hopefully all of the babies I get to see are healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment