Tuesday, October 20, 2009

I am a delinquent

Last week was fun - I went on a NICU adventure! Each and every one of those little babies are so cute you can't help but just love them. I was able to assess and feed the kids that my co-assigned nurse was assigned (which was awesome - she was a great teacher) and I got really comfortable in our pod. It's funny that they call them pods, but kind of accurate. There are six babies max in a pod with three(ish) nurses to a pod, or at least that's what I saw when I was there.

Other than that, I've been plugging along in class and kind of counting the days until Thanksgiving. It's not so bad here, but it would've been beneficial to live alone. I am dreaming of such a time in my life. I feel like a two year old trying to assert my independence (sometimes). Once I figure out where I want to live and where I want to work, I think it will be a little less overwhelming. I'm going to tackle this issue on Friday with my Women's Health professor - woo!

I dragged my friend to Zumba yesterday and I think it made us better friends... if that was possible. We were in the back, totally lost and looking dumb but it was really fun! All of the lunging made my ACLs cringe (really, I could feel it). I think I'll be going barefoot next Monday - my arches were on fire during all of the tippy toe running/ponying. Not pleasant. It was a big class though! The goal for tomorrow, if this paper gets done, is to go to yoga and unwind a little. 20 minutes of meditation sounds peachy to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment