Monday, November 2, 2009

Oops.

So apparently all I want to do when I have free time is go on adventures, watch movies or play by play on MLB.com (Really? What? Girls like baseball?). Pretty much I've left peds in the dust at this point which is super sad. We have SIM Wednesday and then I'm in PICU Thursday, so I don't even go back to my floor! The nurses were more than awesome and were great at teaching us what we needed to know. A week from today I'll have taken my last peds test and will be (not so excited but) ready to start psyc. Making a sticker hunt in an isoltation room is much more fun than reliving psychopharm and abnormal, but we all have to pay our dues I guess.

Our Halloween costumes were amazing on Friday! The Hocus Pocus witches were the center of attention :) I think Cassie's costum for Sarah came out the best since she actually looked like her, but the three of us as a unit were actually recognizable. Cassie and I got crafty and stitched things together (she made a skirt while I added extra sleeve and skirt bits) which was really rewarding... except for when I sewed it to myself. I blame that on my distress during Game 1. After adding those things on to the costume, though, I really should make time for the rest of my crafts! It was relaxing once I was focusing on my task. It somehow still seems easier to unwind with an otter pop and Mean Girls...

Wine tour last weekend was fantastic! I'm so happy I went because a) I love foliage and b) I love wine. We had great weather and lots of fun tasting different types of wine, some of which I purchased even though I can't pronounce (I'm not made to speak German). After we got back from wine-central, we went out to watch the Bears game (epic loss) and have pizza. The pub crawl with the men's rugby team(s) last Saturday made me want pizza more than ever after drinking wine and eating weird crackers all day.

3 weeks until Thanksgiving - yippie!

No comments:

Post a Comment