Sunday, October 11, 2009

Alumni = fabulous

Who knew the class of '59 was so much fun? It was really great to hang out with a bunch of classmates that are still close even after 50 years. I think the secret, which one of them told me, is that they get together every year and have done so since graduation. It's awesome! Some of the women that came even ditched nursing after 10 or 15 years and do something totally different now. They all looked at us like we were crazy for getting our degrees in a year, though. (Rightfully so - we are a little nuts). But overall, it was an awesome experience to have while I have been freaking out about finding a job/choosing a specialty and generally having no idea where I really want to work.

After a series of really bad, not very fun runs, I finally had a rewarding one today(!). I calibrated my sensor earlier last week and discovered, much to my horror, that it was .22 miles off. Not cool! I went through the five stages of grief (with denial being the shortest since it was in front of my face) which probably fueled the bad runs along. But no more! I decided to do a time workout today and get my mind off the miles. Granted, I'm not going very far, but I have the race on Saturday to get pumped for a I want to do my best. There must have been a crew race today because the park I ran through was full of people. That was nice, especially since I decided to pick a different route than I usually go. My irrational fear of being ambushed on the trail was quelled for at least a little bit because of the crowd. It was also my first day running in the legitimate cold. I think I did okay, but the rumor is that it's supposed to snow this week and I'm not sure if I'm ready for that. The cold will be my biggest obstacle on Saturday morning, that's for sure. I'm going to try to go a little faster the rest of the week since I've been taking it easy post-horrendous cold. The only way to go is up at this point!

No comments:

Post a Comment