Monday, July 6, 2009

Oh man, we survived another week! Our lab for therapeutic interventions 1 is really useful - we've learned how to make beds, use bedpans (yikes?) and then today we learned how to insert a catheter. THAT was crazy. The video was a little disturbing, especially since I wasn't expecting its contents, obviously, since I was watching it in the lobby. :/

Since we didn't have school on Friday, we went to Niagra Falls(!). It was fun since we went to the Canadian side and then went shopping after at the outlets. We went on the Maid of the Mist, which is a very misleading name. It's a boat that goes close to the falls (American and Canadian) and they give you a little poncho to keep you dry. EPIC FAIL. We were all totally soaked almost up to our knees. We spent more time screeching and flailing than we did looking at the falls, but it was still fun :)




We hung out with Jerlin for the fourth of July and saw fireworks downtown. They were pretty good, probably because it's Rochester's 175 anniversary. I made eggplant parm (and sauce!) before we went so I felt kind of like a mom :) We went to Dinosaur BBQ after to get some food and avoid the crazy traffic and I was pleased again!



I have to decide what we are going to do tomorrow for my birthday, but at this point sleep is looking prettyyyy awesome. We go to clinical on Wednesday - bright and early at 0700! I think happy hour will suffice for me. 21 +1 just isn't as exciting...

No comments:

Post a Comment